Monday, June 14, 2021

June 12 and 13 Open house preparations

Saturday/Sunday:  Emma and I didn't actually get to my house until a little before 9:00 Saturday night, so we didn't really accomplish much for her open house plans--instead, we decided to relax and watch a fun movie. Emma chose "Over the Hedge" which WAS a fun story. We went to bed afterwards and slept well.

Church Sunday morning was SO WONDERFUL. An elderly gentleman (88 years old) got baptized. He said he was a "fake" Christian for 75 years. He was so thankful to finally know the Lord! I never would have guessed that he was 88. A woman was also baptized. She gave her testimony and it was very moving. What a great God we have to save us from our darkness and bring us into His wonderful Light.

Pastor Tom taught Philippians 2:1-4. What a wonderful passage about UNITY and conflict resolution! I took good notes and will study this throughout the week to see if God will get those truths to cement in my brain. We closed the service by singing, "The Blessing". I love the words SO much. 

Immediately after church, Emma and I went to the Mall. Since her camera graduation gift from me turned out to be a real dud and was returned, she asked if I would buy her a dress for her open house. We started looking at one of our favorite stores--this is where these pictures were taken--at Alt'rd State (I think that's the name).





Look at the very fancy dressing rooms! Emma even got her name written on the door of her room.

 We didn't end up buying anything there. We went down to Penneys where Emma tried on a bunch of cute dresses and ended up with one that she liked. Had we known that the SALE price of the chosen dress was SO LOW, we would have purchased one of the other ones she liked too! 

We came home to the Beach House, ate our lunch, and then got to work on the open house. I continued looking for pictures and Emma worked on a few cards for her friends. She was composing the inside of the cards where the "message" was going to be. I'll show you the cards in the next post ...

No comments: