Monday, June 14, 2021

June 12 Kaity and the diving board!

Saturday:  It was another scorching hot day today -- 92 degrees this afternoon! Kaity and I headed over to Richmond Park pool and arrived at about 3:00. There was a little bit of a line due to the COVID restrictions and how many people are allowed inside the pool area at one time. I did notice a rather ridiculous notice that was pinned to the bulletin board near the payment booth about masks and those who MUST wear them--those NOT vaccinated. Can you imagine swimming and diving in a pool wearing a mask? I decided to ignore the mandate because of its sheer craziness. I hope I wasn't a bad example to Kaity-Girl.

I took a few quickie snapshots of Kaity before we actually jumped in the water. Here she is in front of the curlie slide. There was quite a line-up for it, so we decided to wait until it had gone down a bit.

I have a good story to tell you about today about Kaity. Do you see these diving boards? I jump and/or dive off of them all the time--not professionally or probably very accurately--but I love to jump into the water and I really REALLY love to jump off a high dive. They no longer have one of those. 

Anyway, I was trying to talk Kaity into jumping off. I went first, and then she was supposed to follow me. But instead, she turned around and got out of line, announcing that she was too afraid. I did not berate her! I told her the boards would be there when she was ready!

I jumped off a few more times and we swam around in the 4' section. I'll have to take a picture of this entire place to show you--because the pool is HUGE. It's a very clean and fun place to swim.

Suddenly, Kaity announced that she was going to DO IT! So I grabbed my phone real quick to see if I could catch her in the act. I snapped these pictures very quickly ...




She was SO SO PROUD that she had the courage to do this! I am proud of her too! Once she jumped, that's all she wanted to do for the rest of the time we were there! She even jumped off the higher board quite a few times. What a kid.

Since Richmond closes every day from 4-5:00 (probably to give their lifeguards time to eat), my friend Brenda told us to drive over and swim some more at her place. Wasn't that nice of her? So that's what we did. It took us 20 minutes to drive to Brenda's and then we swam there from 4:30 until 5:45. Kaity met another little girl (who is 26 days older than her) by the same of SOLA. They played very well together.

We were pretty hungry when we returned to my house, so we ate our usual hotdog, jello, chips and chocolate milk meal (!!) and then we played a bunch of games.

It was really nice to be with you today, Kaity. I love you right down to your toes.

No comments: