Friday, June 18, 2021

June 17 With KT

Thursday:  I'm feeling a little bit "under the weather" today--actually, for the last three or four weeks, I have experienced a lot of nausea. I'm not sure why, but today it was especially "bad." I was wondering how to keep Kaity low-key today and prayed about it. God was very gracious and gave Kaity and I a relaxing few hours together. I didn't photograph much of what we did, but here are a few snapshots anyway.

Something that gave me a lot of happiness was when Kaity grabbed "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" and sat on the rocking chair reading it to Matey and I! Kaity does not usually grab a book and do anything whatsoever with it! Afterwards, she asked if I had any "Penguin" books. I told her they had all been checked out at the library already, but that I did find another book by the same author. I showed her this Elephant and Piggy book and she actually sat down and read it out loud to us! She did a very fine job of it too, readily asking me if there was a word she could not read. I loved this time with my Kaity-Girl!
You can SEE how impressed Matey was by Kaity's reading!
We also played with lots of finger puppets today. Kaity loves puppets almost as much as I do I think! I have a little finger puppet fashioned after LAMBCHOP the famous sock puppet made famous by Sheri Lewis. I was provoked to look up an old video of the two of them performing. Kaity enjoyed it so much! Lambchop was always my favorite puppet when I was a child. Sheri Lewis was an amazing ventriloquist in her day. This provoked Kaity to get Charlie out of my closet and practice a bit of talking without moving her lips.


 Aren't these great pictures of Kaity and Charlie! I love that Kaity practices talking without moving her lips. She is such an enthusiastic puppeteer! We also took one of my rocks outside to my carport and painted over the bad job I did with "Hosanna" ... this is the THIRD time this rock has been painted over, but I'm glad Kaity got to help me do it today. Thank you, Lord, for such a quiet and good time with Kaity.

No comments: