Monday, June 7, 2021

June 5 and 6 with Emma

Saturday/Sunday:  Many more prayers of my heart were answered while I was with Emma for the next 24 hours. I had been worried that she might still be upset over the situation with Jesse earlier in the week. I had truly prayed 4-5x per day about that issue for both Jesse and Emma. When I picked Emma up Saturday night (after delivering Kaity back to Diana), she was just fine. We had the nicest talks Saturday night. I was so thankful to listen to Emma's heart and hear how God had been working in her life all through the week. God--YOU ARE SO AWESOME.

We watched "Madagascar" Saturday night and went to bed at about 11:30. Sunday morning service at Calvary was ... difficult to describe exactly HOW WONDERFUL it was--it just gets better every week. Pastor Tom is doing a study in Philippians, about "The Fight for Joy" and it has been so challenging and encouraging. Emma has tracked really well with the study (when not asleep), opens her Bible, makes notes, and remembers what was taught. I'm so thankful she and I can worship together every week.

Emma was unable to swim this weekend (biology) (!!) so we took advantage of the "down" time and worked on planning out her graduation open house (June 26) which is barely three weeks away now. We got a lot accomplished!

Sunday evening, Emma and I worked on designing a grad card for her best friend, Sarah. I LOVE LOVE LOVE making cards, so I was 100% happy while helping Emma with the card. 
These pictures are of Emma composing a message for the inside of the card, and then writing on the envelope. Perhaps I should post a few pictures (minus the message) of the card ...



Here are a few pictures of the card--all except the page where Emma wrote a personal message.




 We used this picture of the Mighty Mac for the message page. I faded out the picture a bit and then we superimposed Emma's message on top. All of these pictures are from Emma's various trips with her friends these last few weeks.


It was so much fun working on this card with Emma. We liked how it turned out--which is very important! We didn't get Emma back home until 9PM--but we'd had a very good day together. Thank you so much, Lord.

No comments: