Monday, June 7, 2021

June 5 Little answers to prayer

Saturday:  I'll be honest with you--I have been DREADING today with Kaity. Not because of Kaity! But I knew, without nary a doubt, that she would want to return to Versluis to swim. It's SO hot! There isn't a cloud in the sky! But ... I am beginning to H A T E Versluis Park--the noise and chaos, the "ghetto" atmosphere of the people who visit it ... PLUS, I have a strong aversion (!!) to swimming in cold water. I am a super chicken about it. SO ... I've been trying really hard when I worry or dread something to talk to the Lord about it--in detail! He says He welcomes us coming to Him for whatever reason! I asked the Lord to help me "endure" at least ONE HOUR at the lake with Kaity. I also asked Him to give me the courage to SWIM--all the way in--at least 30 minutes with Kaity today. But in the back of my mind, I was hoping Kaity wouldn't be interested in going to Versluis today. HA!

Early in the morning, I received a sweet text from Kaity telling me that her baby Lily had gotten a brand new bathing suit and that she couldn't WAIT to go swimming today. Baby Liam had a suit all ready too. Sigh. So much for that!

We arrived at the lake at about 3:30. I told Kaity about my prayers for courage to face the cold and take the plunge. She was very pleased and tried to encourage me with kind words. I told her that I was going to do this because I loved her so much--but I could only promise 30 minutes in the water, and then I would be "allowed" to sit on the shore while she swam herself out. Kaity was in total agreement. With the help of the Lord, I dropped off our swim bag on the shore and took a running start into the water all the way up to my waist ... and then I stopped. I needed further prayer! Kaity was halfway in and already shivering, but telling me that I could do this! So I prayed more and took the plunge. It took THREE dives under the water before the shock wore off and then I was fine. I actually made it 35 minutes!

After I got out to dry off (and warm up) on the shore, Kaity very thankfully ran into a classmate of hers! She and Bella swam for another 45 minutes. They had so much fun. Then Kaity talked Bella into playing on the playgrounds. Here are some pictures of them. They played hide 'n seek and tag for most of their playtime.

Aren't these two darling?

Bella was using these bars as a slide and she challenged Kaity to slide down it too. Kaity wasn't sure about it at first and avoided trying it out. But Kaity doesn't like to be "one-upped", so she finally mastered sliding down and did it many times.




I was so thankful for this time Kaity was able to run and play with her friend. She was SO happy! It wasn't nearly as rough at the park today. There were many MORE people--in fact, the later we stayed in the afternoon, the more and more people arrived. We ended up leaving at about 5:30.
We drove the 5 minutes to my house where we ate our usual hotdog meal, and then we just played. It was sticky hot inside my little house, but the window fans made it bearable. We just hung out and built stuff together.




Kaity designed a special house for her baby Lily ...

Thank you, Lord, for this nice afternoon with Kaity. I'm so glad that You care, even about the little things in our lives.
 

No comments: