Wednesday, June 9, 2021

June 8 with these lovable kids

Tuesday:   I prayed for strength and a good sense of humor today. I prayed that I would be kind and patient. I prayed that the children would know they are loved by me. I prayed that we would have fun. My answer from the Lord was MORE than all of that ... because, you see, I had a deep sense of JOY and a confidence that He would be with me all throughout our busy, hot-n-sticky, sometimes chaotic day.  

God gave me this hilarious expression from Erin, patiently waiting for her lunch while watching Matey hopping around on my kitchen counter.
God gave me this funny moment when Matey landed on Aidan's shoulder and was ALMOST tolerated by this little man!
God gave me this snapshot of Erin, all comfortable on the cool hardwood (fake) floor playing contentedly.
The Lord gave me THIS look from Bren ... this is how Brendan used to look at me, and the quiet, confident smile he used to have so many years ago. He is doing so much better! Good job, God. Good job, Dylan and Kelly! Good job to the therapists and their nanny, Jen, and Brendan's teacher, Miss Alison!
I also enjoyed these moments watching Matey "attack" the chileren for various reasons--mostly because they were playing with "his" toys! This little musical clapper is one of his favorites!

The Lord let me watch Aidan fixing his usual food on the window seat cushion and offering some of it to Matey-Bird ...
... and Aidan actually cracking up because of the feel of Matey's sharp little toes on his arm.


Aidan mixing up the food in his cooking pan--everything from apples to waffles to a fake box of cereal ...

The Lored also gave rain-free weather to play outside, underneath the protection (from the hot sun) of my carport. I hauled out the water toys and we played an entire hour outside.
Erin got a special "kick" out of squirting me in the face with her squirt gun (!!).
Aidan too!

Just look at these lovable kids. And I get to be their grandma!

Erin and Aidan set out, hard at work, to wash my car. They really liked the fact that I had scrub brushes on poles.


... the poles were sometimes a bit much for wee Erin ...

After our water play, we went back inside for a movie that was showing on Disney+ ... something about dragons I think. The kids have been watching this at their house too, so it was a familiar story to them.

Erin shared her watermelon and cucumbers with Matey during snack time.



Aidan ate his usual Gold fish crackers and Cheese-Its ... and two glass of chocolate milk. Oh! He had a PERFECT day on the potty--yay! We did not have to change his clothes even once. I told him he had turned into a Gi-Gundo boy!



Thank you, Lord, for strength to meet this day. Thanks, too, for the time with baby Callaghan at the end of the day and the nice hamburger/fry/tator tot meal Kelly provided. Love this family so much.

No comments: