Thursday, March 19, 2020

March 18

Wednesday:  We decided to try a little cousin time this afternoon with Brendan and Kaity-Girl. I was hoping with all of my might (!!) that they would LOVE running around and exploring at Fallasburg Park, since they had not been out there before.

We did manage to actually stay outside for almost 90 minutes, so that was something at least. I introduced them to the covered bridge ... 
 ... where the kiddos collected stones to take with them up to the bridge and throw into the river below ...
 That actually occupied most of our time and it was when both kiddos were most engaged. I had tried to lure both of them into exploring for "signs of spring" and we did see ONE Robin gathering nesting material--so I guess that counts.
 We drove to a different area of the park where a little creek runs through it ...
 It's an ideal place to bring the kids when the weather warms up (i.e. summer) to pitch our tent and catch cray fish and just hang out.
 It's a very pretty little place!


 The kiddos just chummed around together ... but neither of them really LOVED being there. Kaity was very offended that there were these teensie tiny flying "bugs" everywhere--they could hardly be seen with the naked eye they were so small!

 But she did seem to enjoy sitting by the creek ...


 I was at least able to get a few pictures of these two together.



 But they had both mentioned to me, several times over, almost from the moment we arrived out here at Fallasburg, WHEN we were going to go to MY house?!?!?
 Goodness, kids!
SO ... we finally did head on over to my place. It's only a 20-minute drive down Lincoln Lake to 5 Mile (Cannonsburg) to my house. I had food ready for us, so we ate and then the kiddos played in and out of the tent back in the playroom, and then they started a game of "tag" with Matey, which was a scream to watch. You see, both Kaity and Brendan were each holding a purple straw and were trying to get Matey to perch on their straws, but for some reason, Matey thought it was a game of "tag" and would chase each of them all around the house until he perched on their HEADS or BACKS or SHOULDERS, with them absolutely screaming with delight!
Mr. Matey was not at all interested in BEING chased and absolutely would NOT allow himself to be caught. After a full 30 minutes of this running and screaming and cracking up, I began (!!) to be concerned about the welfare of our little bird and put an end to that particular game. It's just that it was getting a little bit rough, and I'm not sure how much Kaity and Brendan understand how little and fragile our little pet is! 

When it was time to leave, we drove Kaity home first and then when I dropped Brendan off, I played with the little kids for a bit at their house--it was a joy-filled time! However, I AM POOPED, and I am taking the next two days off!

No comments: