Monday, March 23, 2020

March 22, Holland State Park

Sunday Afternoon:  Emma spent the night last night (Saturday). We worshiped with Calvary via LiveFeed again this morning, due to COVID-19 and then we packed up a small snack bag and drove once again out to the W. Michigan coast.
 Since it had been a super long time that I had been to Holland State Park, we drove there first. I wanted to show Emma, "Big Red." I love this little lighthouse--it's just SO cute.
 It was windy and about 39 degrees out here today, which made for a shorter than normal stay!

 The last time I was out here to take pictures was probably a dozen or more years ago. I do NOT recall this mammoth house/castle sitting on land behind the lighthouse. I wonder how long it has been there! It's ... enormous. It can't possibly be for ONE family, can it? Perhaps it's a fancy Bed & Breakfast!

 Poor Emma! She was pretty miserably cold.

 This is the "light" at the end of the north breakwater ... it is rarther ugly, don't you think? Emma thought it was pathetic.

 "Big Red" is certainly RED, isn't it?


 Can you see how high the lake level is? Yikes.

 Look at all that has washed up on the beach and breakwater! Limbs and trunks of trees! Parts of fishing docks, etc.

 It's beautiful here, isn't it?




 Emma was thoroughly iced, so I gave her the keys to go back to the car. I told her I just needed a few more angles of the lighthouse ...



 See how cold she looks?!?
 Once she had walked back to the car, I got to the business of catching this little lighthouse in some pretty poses ...











 Naturally, it would have been "nice" to also be able to cross the channel and be on the same side as the lighthouse--I've done this in the past, but looking at a map today, I couldn't figure it out. I didn't want to get Emma and I hopelessly lost in the process.


Holland State Park has a beautiful beach area. A lot has eroded, but it still has a LOT of beach! 

No comments: