Wednesday, March 25, 2020

March 25 PM

Wednesday Afternoon:  Today was SO beautiful outside and the temps were in the mid-50's, so I talked myself into a hike down Chauncey Avenue, always delightful. There is so much constant bad news about COVID-19, it is good to get away and walk and breathe and pray and remember God's faithfulness ...
 I love God's beauty in what He has made so much. I will say, however, that late winter/early spring is my least favorite time of the year because the colors are so ... blah ... muted ... gray ... dead. So I went in search of spring today and I did find it peaking through in many spots!
 I jaunted through Shenandoah _____ (I can't remember what the second word is!), but it is a "neighborhood" that winds off of Chauncey. It is amazing back there. The houses are very far apart, quite huge and beautiful, and the woods is delightful ...

 I'm glad I took my camera. I needed to do this today ... and then come home and "play" with these pictures with my photo program ... it's a harmless and very fun hobby, and satisfies my artistic cravings pretty thoroughly.




 These pictures below are all near where Chauncey ceases to be paved and turns into a dirt road. I love it back here. It's so peaceful.


 I want so badly to cross this little bridge, but it is completely on PRIVATE property, which doesn't always stop me ... but there are dogs ... BIG dogs ... sigh.
 Pastor Jim brought this verse from Ecclesiasties to our attention a few weeks ago. We've been studying on how to live a quiet life of godliness through the book of Titus.

Super thankful for this wonderful day to be alive. 

No comments: