Thursday, March 26, 2020

March 26

Thursday:  Is this Day #4 of "Stay Home?" I think it is, but it FEELS like Day FORTY. When I went to bed last night, I had a sore throat; so I gargled with very warm salt water (yuck) and slept normally, A-OK. I woke up this morning aching all over with a strong headache ... no improvement with my throat--so I decided to take a sick day. I know, what a whimp. But I seriously didn't even open my front door today and just laid very low.
 After I ate my breakfast and handed off my banana peel to Matey (because he LOVES banana peels), I ran a very light spray of warm water into my kitchen sink. Sometimes when I do this, Matey will jump down and take a little drink. But TODAY, he delighted me and took a complete, all over, fully FIVE-MINUTE shower! He was SO into it!

 He splattered water everywhere, but I could have watched this little cutie forever ...


 He clearly enjoyed himself ...






And that !! was the extent of my entertainment for the day. I DID rest, though, which was needed. I guess after walking 2.2 miles on Tuesday and then 2.7 miles on Wednesday, as well as raking dead leaves an hour each day contributed to my all-over achiness of body today. I don't think I am running a fever, but -- believe it or not, I do not own a thermometer. Yikes. I will be fine!

No comments: