Friday, March 27, 2020

March 27

Friday: So on Day #5 of the "Stay Home" here in Michigan, I felt so much better physically that I was able to take a refreshing afternoon walk over at the Boulder Creek Golf Course, which is kind of connected to the "park" where I live (if you kind of cut through and climb around the property a bit). I took a bunch of pictures--these are the best of them. I've picked out the first one (below) because I think it was my favorite pic of the day, and I love the Scripture combined with it. Surely, no matter how sad this time in history is, the Lord remains faithful and has not forgotten His good plans for our lives.
 When I began my walk this afternoon, I exited the "park" and walked a bit on Cannonsburg, passing the Greenhouse on my right and I snapped a picture of these hayrolls--a few pictures actually--and found myself confronted by BRIAN (the son) and HENRY (the father) wanting to know what exactly I was doing on their property snapping pictures. Yikes.
 I explained that I was an amateur photographer who likes to just snap pictures and edit them on my computer ... it's my hobby. They were hesitant and told me they've had a bunch of problems with the county lately, making demands regarding their properties. I apologized for causing them concern. We chatted a few minutes, and I think they believed that I was just an old lady out for a nice afternoon walk--whew!
 Behind the little Bible Church (same side of the street on the far side of the greenhouse property) I found this cross. I like it. It's sobering, always, to see a cross--dear Jesus.
 I hopped over the wire fence and walked down the green onto the golf course--I basically kept myself on the sidewalks and just walked and breathed ... it's forecasted to rain the next few days, so I wanted to be sure and take advantage of this nice afternoon.
 Across the pond is the "new" Boulder Creek development. It's actually been around for maybe 8 years now, but it just keeps growing ... they keep building more and more houses. They are nice houses and their properties are good-sized. I must say, though, I liked it better 30 years ago before they began developing this land and it was ... trees and hills ...


 I love this old wooden bridge ... very much ...


 There are tons of geese that hang out here, so you have to watch where on earth you are walking otherwise it can get "slippery" ... yuck.

 It's a very pretty location though.


 New life. Fresh buds. I can't wait until they bloom.


Also today, I was able to connect to a thing called ZOOM for video chatting. Our MNBS leadership group "met" this way and had an hour-long meeting and time of prayer. It was a real blessing. I now have to "experiment" with this site and see if I can invite my small group to join it so that we can video-study together. That would be so great. So much to be thankful for tonight. So glad my sore throat has gone away too.

No comments: