Saturday, March 28, 2020

March 28

Saturday:  Day #6 of what feels like ISOLATION out here in Belmont, Michigan. I think today was the first day that I struggled with loneliness ... the kind of loneliness that almost reaches despair. Sigh. It hasn't even been ONE week, and we might be in this situation for 4-6 more or even more prolonged. SO ... I need to do some serious planning ahead, make myself keep to a schedule of some kind, and ... PRAY.

My wake up was late today. I rolled over after my alarm rang and I slapped it off and suddenly it was 8:35 am. I never sleep that late! It was a bad start to my day and I hope I don't repeat it. It just threw me off! By the time I got serious about my day, it was fully 9:30. But I did at least get Matey up, feed him, change my bed sheets, get my hot tea and honey ready, and then sat down for serious Bible study--which, when I look back on my day, was the absolute high point.

Today I was looking at what was said about Jesus being "revealed" in 2 Thessalonians 1:5-12. Jesus is going to be revealed from heaven in blazing fire with His powerful angels! It is said that He will punish, with everlasting destruction, those who caused trouble and persecution to His people, but He will give relief to those who have suffered. Blazing fire! Like when He appeared on Mt. Sinai with Moses! I also read in this passage that "God will be glorified in His holy people" and we were asked to explain what on earth it meant that JESUS will be GLORIFIED IN US when He comes. Cross-referencing to I Corinthians 15:49-52 we find that "we will BEAR HIS LIKENESS!" (can you imagine?). We will be TRANSFORMED in an instant--in a flash--in the twinkling of an eye! "We will ALL be CHANGED--and raised imperishable!" Philippians 3:20-21 states that "He will transform our lowly bodies so that we will BE LIKE HIS GLORIOUS BODY." Wow. Just. WOW. I need to keep focused on that amazing promise and NOT forget it for one single moment.

 I cut up some fresh veggies for a salad tonight. Matey really enjoys fresh lettuce. It's super cute to watch him eat it. And look! TWO boxes from AMAZON! I put them inside my house from the porch (due to hard rain), then I washed my hands (thoroughly). I'll open them up tomorrow. One box has some pretty interesting children's books, and the other has food supplies for the First Mate.
Mid-afternoon, I called Ruthanne and Terry to see if they would practice a ZOOM conference with me. We did it and it worked very nicely. Now I just need to figure out HOW to communicate signing up for ZOOM with my Bible study ladies and then organize a time to have an online meeting. 

Mr. Matey was quite the little buddy today. I played him some animal sounds from these board books. He definitely recognizes the parrot sound and the pelican sounds too ... well, I'm not sure he "recognizes" the sounds, but he tilts his little head and seems to enjoy them at least.

 And thankfully, I was able to FaceTime with these guys tonight. Brendan and Aidan were in on it too--but I forgot to take a screen shot until nearly the end of our time together and the boys had scooted off already. Matey talked to the kiddos, and I had Paco talk to the kids for awhile too. We also read an "Ollie" book together.
It did me good to see these beautiful faces tonight. I'm really going to have to ask the Lord to help me if this "Stay Home" and social isolation thing has to be prolonged. I need endurance and patience. I need to find out what He wants me to do with this time!

No comments: