Saturday, September 12, 2020

September 11 My first tractor pull ever

Friday Evening:  Jesse has invited me to his tractor pulls BEFORE, but I have never gone--shame on me! I was happy Jesse did not give up on me and invited me once again for tonight's pull. I thought that Kaity would be coming, and perhaps Scott's girls (Kenzie and Harper), but it turned out that it didn't work out for the girls to come. Kaity got dropped off at the pull right around dinner time.

Scott is Jesse's close friend. They have been friends since seventh grade. I'm so thankful for that! Friends are difficult to come by sometimes, and Scott has been a good friend to Jesse. Scott's parents too! Larry, Scott's dad, builds--additions to homes, trailers, walls, floors ... you name it! The guys built this TRAILER that is used to haul their tractors for the pulls. Jesse has always been interested in engines and is an excellent mechanic! This "hobby" (pulling) has been very fun for him. I was delighted to join him last night and finally watch him.

This darling tree frog was introduced to me by a dear young girl by the name of Kendra, who is 11 going on 12. She hung around me most of the evening and talked my legs off--but she was quite delightful.

Here is Kendra with "Sunny" on her head.
Matthew got dropped off with Kaity. Matt did TWO pulls and he really did a great job!








On Jesse's first pull, something went wrong with a wire underneath the tractor ...

... and it shorted out the engine (from what I can understand). No problem. Jesse and the guys went to work on it, resolved the problem and ...
Jesse went back and did his pull from the beginning.

I love these pictures of him!


Jesse did TWO pulls as well.





Here is Kaitlynn with "Sunny". Our Kaity-Girl was miffed because the children's pull was cancelled due to lack of children to participate! She wanted so badly to show me her pull skills!



It was so nice to be with Jesse watching him do something that he enjoys so much. I don't think there is anything that cheers up a mom's heart than to see her children happy--truly. Thank you, Lord, for letting me be a mom and grandma.

No comments: