Monday, September 21, 2020

September 21 with Emma

 Sunday:  Emma worked again on Saturday, so Jesse dropped her off at 11PM. We talked for a little while and then went to bed. We attended Calvary's 3rd service Sunday morning, came home and ate our lunch, played a game that Emma created for a class at KCTC, and then we went for a short hike over in Rockford along the Rogue River. It was a beautiful day, gorgeous ... too nice to stay INDOORS.

We took the boardwalk, the quieter side of the river, where no bikes or skateboards are allowed, and there is a ton of shade. 




It could not have been a more perfect day for a walk. I always love sharing beautiful days with Emma.



We stepped off the boardwalk (it was too crowded) and took a pathway that ran along side it for a little while. I love the way the light shines through the trees, casting such interesting shadows.
We crossed to the other side because I had seen the family of swans in the distance and I wanted to try to photograph them once more. We ran into these geese on the way. Emma thought if she approached them, they might all spread their wings and fly ... kind of like the seagulls do ... but these geese were NOT going anywhere very fast it seems.

Here are some of the "best" of my swan pictures. I'm completely in love with swans.





I just love their dignity, their elegant beauty ...


It is always good to be with Emma. She is a very real blessing to me. So thankful for any afternoon I can spend with her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was a fun day ☺