Friday, September 4, 2020

September 3 with Kaitlynn

Thursday:  A very happy little face greeted me when I picked her up from Jesse this afternoon. You see, it was Kaity's first official on-site day of SECOND GRADE and she got to ride a real live school bus with her two best buddies--Kenzie and Harper! Kaity was sky-high with the thrill of it all!

Kaity actually built with me for almost an hour this afternoon. I wasn't sure that she would seeing that this toy is no longer "new." But she did! I suggested she make an entirely GREEN concoction. She went to work on it with all of her might.
I concentrated on purple and yellow and made a kind of high-ceilinged house of sorts ...


Kaity decided to switch to blue and built for a very long time ...

 This next batch of photos loaded entirely backwards! I'm not sure WHY on earth?!?!? Anyway, the picture below is Kaity eating her Wendy's Kids' Meal in my back trunk. I joined her there to eat my crispy chicken sandwich.
We went to AJ's with the intention of playing mini-golf ... but I did let Kaity talk me into letting her drive a go-cart.

We DID play mini-golf. I'll have to add up our terrible scores and admit to the bad result of our golfing. We did have fun while we played, and that's what is important.


AJ's has a really nice mini-golf course. It's one of the nicest I have ever played. I'm terrible at it, but that's OK.

I've added things up--Kaity shot a 57 (not counting the times she kicked the ball closer to the hole), and I shot a 59. We also didn't penalize ourselves for water mishaps and out-of-bounds shots. 
Here are the pictures of Kaity driving the mini-car. They gave her a really LONG turn! I think she did NINE times around the track before they called her in!









Good job, Kaity! I loved spending time with you today, dear!

When we arrived back at Jesse's, I got to say "hi" to Emma, who was on her dinner break from work PLUS I got to visit a tiny bit with Matthew! Happiness!

No comments: