Wednesday, September 30, 2020

September 29 Three darlins

Tuesday:  One of these days, these three are NOT going to be returned to their parents! Yikes! The cuteness is SO cute, I can barely stand it some days!

We stayed put at my house yesterday and the children played their little hearts out. It was so much fun.
The two "littles" were quite sleepy, having skipped the naps at their house--so they used my window seat as a napping place ... with zero results ... but funny as can be. Pictured below is Aidan telling me that he is sleeping, but he can still see me out of his ONE eye ...
... and then (below), he finds himself completely cracked up by his own comment (and my subsequent ones) ... this child is amazingly easy to entertain.
Erin and Aidan had a bit of tug-o-war over the rather small receiving blanket they were "sharing" ...
Can you see them tugging?
We solved the problem with a bigger and softer blanket. The other blanket was completely discarded.
Happiness abounded!
Little dolls!
After awhile, it was ice cream time at the round table, and then I got out some art stuff to try to "contain" the three of them for the last 45 minutes or so. My house already looked like it had been hit by a 9.0 earthquake in each and every room ...
Erin was quite intense about her drawing and then lifted it up: "Look guys! Look at my drawing!" she said in her adorable voice.
When she got zero response from her brothers, she inspected it more closely (it was two-sided) to see what on earth was SO unremarkable about it ...
Brendan drew a wolf, a racoon, and I forget what else--but I did hang his on my refrigerator. Notice Matey-Bird looking in on Brendan's art ...
Aidan was just pleased to be sitting at the table with anything that made any mark whatsoever on his paper--however, he is VERY fussy as to what goes on his paper. If he doesn't like the first mark he makes, he demands another sheet of paper and tosses the "mistake" on the floor.
Watching children draw is ... such a thing of joy, isn't it? Aidan was quite pleased with his "marks" ... FINALLY.
Matey sat in on all of their work and got as close as he would be allowed ...
Aidan's face! Yikes. I'll eat him up yet one of these days ...



I have NO idea what on earth illicited this expression from Erin ...
Whatever unpleasantness that had crossed her mind ... left it!
This wee Irish sweetheart has found her way into my heart ... always surprising that there is still room in there for another little person to sneak in, isn't it?

No comments: