Sunday, September 20, 2020

September 19 Marvelous Magnetic Tiles

Saturday:  I was "called into work" early today (ha!), so I picked Kaity up at 1:00 from Jesse. We made a pit stop on the way to my house. We needed some linens for Kaity's bed as well as some extra linens for Matt, in case he wanted them, while visiting over at Jesse's. We stopped at The Salvation Army to look--but their "used" linens were entirely depressing. Since Walmart was directly across the street, we drove there and found what we wanted at not a terrible price!

I wasn't sure exactly if I could occupy Kaity for an extra two hours today. She sometimes flies from one activity to the next every ten minutes or so. But today, I had chores to accomplish and together Kaity and I had some homework to tackle--so we set a 15-minute timer. We would PLAY but when the timer went off, we set it again and did our work for the next 15 minutes. It was very effective!
Look at Kaity's very elaborate house (below, on the left). She has the first floor of her house all furnished with a king-sized bed, bathroom, and comfy couch. She was busy making a vehicle as I snapped this picture.


The timer went off ... when it did, we would hurry over to our "work" table where I would get Kaity started on a page of her homework. Meanwhile, I would put dishes away, cut up watermelon, clean strawberries, etc., nearby enough to answer questions Kaity might have. Our timer plan worked beautifully.
I only took one picture of Kaity doing her homework. The rest of the pictures are of us playing. Kaity never got tired of creating houses and cars, and adding people from our PlayMobile sets to make families, etc. 
Look at her expression below! That's the face of accomplishment!



Below:  Kaity is "eyeing" the horse wagon I made ... she attempted to steal it (!!), but eventually made one of her own.

 

No comments: