Monday, September 7, 2020

September 6 Lovely/Funny/Adventerous Emma

Sunday:  Actually, Emma spent Saturday evening and all night Saturday night--but I didn't take any pictures during that time. We hung out for a little while and then watched a rather absurd movie, "The Core" about the center of the earth being magnetically out of whack and top scientists make a "ship" and travel into the core of the earth to detonate several nuclear bombs to get it back on track. Yah. It was crazy--but it WAS entertaining, at least a little bit. 

When I picked Emma off, switching her for Kaitlynn, she announced that tomorrow "We are GOING to church, Grandma. I prayed about it and that's what we are supposed to do." Wow. Alright then! I think it is very wonderful that Emma prayed about this and heard from God. Think about that for a minute! We folk on earth can actually TALK to our Creator and He LISTENS. Amazing. There was one small problem, however, with attending church on Sunday. You see, you have to pre-register for which service you would like to attend, and since we had kind of decided that we were just going to continue with the LiveStream the next few weeks, I never registered us. I woke up in the middle of the night Saturday night with this realization. I tried to register us early this morning, but everything was FULL. Emma was very understanding about my mess-up, though. But next Sunday, we are attending service IN PERSON.

After we finished worshiping this morning, we enjoyed a healthy lunch, and then I asked Emma if she would like to take a walk, somewhere pretty, preferably out in the woods ... Emma always says YES to this. First, though, we did make a pit-stop out at the Mall to see if there were any sales or pretty dresses to buy over at Altar'd State--we ended up buying a very pretty one at JC Penney instead. From there, we drove out to Lowell to Grand River Riverfront Park. It had been many months (early spring) since I had walked here, and Emma had never been here at all! I took a LOT of pictures of Emma as you can see.





This is one of my favorite pictures EVER (below) of Emma ... I just love her so much and this is exactly how she looks--her facial expression--everything--captures her perfectly.
After we crossed over the Grand River and the Thornapple River on the beautiful pedestrian bridge, we took a pathway that led into the woods--however, we reached a dead end into kind of a dry creek bed.













It was super fun exploring these paths! And then we went back to the bridge to check out underneath it.


I noticed a small platform/dock that I hadn't seen before on the Grand River side of the bridge, so we walked over to it so that I could get some good shots of the bridge.

I love these photos of Emma so much ...


We threw rocks for awhile too ...

And these below were just us messing around with the location and beautiful day ... and beautiful Emma too.



It was a lovely time, from start to finish. What a blessing to be alive today. 

No comments: