Wednesday, September 9, 2020

September 9 At the zoo by myself

Wednesday:  Today is the day I do most of my errands, since I am without children. I drove over to the zoo with one purpose in mind: to purchase a stuffed Wasabi for Kaity, to give to her after she has earned it through "reading" points. You see, Kaity and I are going to teach Lily and Liam (her dolls) how to read. I've made a nice reading chart for them and as they earn stamps, they will eventually reach the goal of Kaity's stuffed Wasabi animal. The gift shop is at the entrance to the zoo, but the particular stuffed animal that I wanted to purchase wasn't in that shop today. I wandered through the zoo to see if they had any mini-shops at various exhibits. It was weird to be at the zoo without kiddos.

I snapped a lot of pictures of the flowers, something the kids hate to stop for when they are with me.

The John Ball Zoo is really a very pretty place. It is so much nicer than when my boys and I used to visit so long ago.

Below is a cobra built from Legos!
Here is WYATT, sleeping soundly. I was hoping the little shop near this exhibit would be open. This is where I purchased MY stuffed Wasabi that Kaity loves so much. But NO mini-shops were open at all today.
I was fortunate enough to get an up-close with the tiger today ...



More flowers ...



The main gift shop has TWO Wasabi stuffed animals--but not the one that I have. I asked about it and was told they were "all out" and were not going to order any more until next spring. I snapped a few pictures to show Kaity to see if either of these would substitute for what she wanted. I'm hoping she will like one of these.



 It was a COLD walk at the zoo and hardly any visitors were about. I did enjoy my walk, though, at my own pace, stopping whenever I wanted for as long as I wanted. I should do this more often.

No comments: