Friday, September 4, 2020

September 2 in Detroit

 Wednesday:  I drove to Detroit this morning to visit my sister, Ruthanne, and husband, Terry. They actually live in Clinton Township, in a house that Terry helped his father build many years ago. I brought my magnetic tiles along for us to play with because I KNEW Ruthanne would love them. She did!

Ruthanne is a very creative person--she doesn't seem to realize that fully, but she is! I loved the little house she designed--isn't it cute?
Terry made a small cabin to begin his building ...
And then we requested that he build a vehicle. Terry has an engineering degree from Lawrence Technological Institute -- among other degrees.
Ruthanne kept adding to her cute house, making it even nicer.
Terry built a very interesting truck for us. We couldn't decide if it was a dump truck or garbage truck or just what ... but we liked it!

See it? Isn't it great?
And then Terry just started showing off ...
... and made a crazy kind of building that we declared was VERY interesting! It was fun to build with these guys!
We also played a game of Scrabble, as well as Double Bananagrams! We watched some news and visited. We played with Matey-Bird, because, of course he came along for the adventure as well! I had a really nice visit, spent the night with them and returned home to Grand Rapids early Thursday afternoon. I need to make this trip again next month before the weather gets yucky in Michigan--which is predicted to be really harsh this winter!

No comments: