Monday, August 12, 2019

A little exploring is always fun ...

Saturday, August 10:  Kaity attended the birthday party of her close friend, Kenzie, Saturday afternoon. I picked her up from the party, but visited with folk for a little while before leaving. By the time we actually were on our way, it was already 4:30 in the afternoon. What should we do with the rest of our day?
 Kaity is an outdoor girl. I love these summer months when we can be OUTSIDE. Kaity is in her element and full of JOY when she can run and play freely.
 I decided to drive us up to Rockford to see if we could find any playgrounds we hadn't visited yet this season. Yes! 
 I let Kaity "loose" and she did her usual exuberant antics on this little playground ...
 However, I knew there were other adventures waiting for us ... we just had to follow a little pathway ... to the bridge!
 This is a super pretty little place, isn't it?
 I LOVE bridges!


 Kaity ran like crazy from place to place ...

 But then we happened upon a tiny place where you could actually walk down to the Rogue River and step IN ...

 Sometimes you just have to get IN to enjoy life, don't you?
 I loved watching Kaity's joy. She is such a gift to my heart.

 She is a fearless little child ... always testing the boundaries ...


 She joyfully tossed rocks into the water for quite a little while, requesting to go further and further in--which I did not allow!


 So, Kaity was obedient to her grandma's directions, and stayed by the shore to explore ...




 We found another little playground just a short distance from the river. Kaity tried out every little piece of equipment before we walked back ...


 We did spend a little time over at my house as well. I fed Kaity a nice beefy hotdog (no pig hotdogs are allowed at my house!), and then Kaity ran around and played.
 We each built a marble run and then we joined the two together. Kaity is a very creative and smart builder!
 Kaity figured out HOW to make my remote control car work again! Thank you, Kaity!
I love being your grandma, Kaity!

No comments: