Friday, August 23, 2019

F'Muth

Wednesday, August 21:  Ruthanne, Terry, and myself spent the day in Frankenmuth! I'm sure it's been 50 years since I have been here, so it was super nice to see it again and enjoy shopping and eating. We actually stopped first at Birch Run (outlet shopping!) about 10 minutes from Frankenmuth. We'd gotten a late start to our day because power went out at Ruthanne and Terry's at about 6:15 a.m. and didn't go back on! Ruthanne was in the shower at the time; so instead of getting on the road by 8:30, it was closer to 10:00 before we left their house. After we shopped at the outlets, we were ready to eat. Bavarian Inn is known for their delicious fried chicken, homestyle dinners. Yes! 
We ate a very enjoyable meal (stuffed ourselves!) and then went on to look at various shops. We spent a LOT of time in the very nice toy store in the Castle Store area (beneath the Bavarian Inn).
We did not ride this beautiful horse and carriage. This horse is nearly fifteen years old. Isn't it sweet?

I love this kind of architecture, don't you? It's quaint, European ... lovely, I think.

Since my birthday was the very next day (!!), I bought myself a few presents. This is the baby doll and bottle I bought for my little ones to enjoy. I've never seen a child love dolls like Kaity does. I knew she will be thrilled with this little angel baby. I was going to name her TINA ... but it just doesn't fit! I think Bonnie is better. So Bonnie she is!
I was so excited to find another animal sound book! This one has a snake, parrot, penguin, meerkat, crocodile, monkey, tiger, giraffe, sea lion, AND elephant! Brendan and Aidan will LOVE these sounds!
This is Charlie ... Cha-Cha-Cha-Cha Charlie! For $15 I thought he will quite a grab. All of the children will love to play with him. He's not complicated--four strings is all he has ... so it should be somewhat easy to keep the strings from tangling!

By about 6:00, we were dead tired from walking and shopping. But it was SO much fun and I am so glad we did it!

When we got back to Ruthanne and Terry's, the power had gone back on! That's good, because the generator Terry had hooked up will only run on gas for 4-5 hours. We watched a movie we hadn't seen in many years: "Double Jeopardy." I'd forgotten how suspenceful it was! And THEN ... Birthday cake! This cake is from their friend's bakery--Christine's. It is yummy! The frosting just about melts in your mouth.

And look at the great drinking cup I received! It's so pretty--and it's one of those kind that keep things cold for hours and hours!
And look at the pretty slippers too! I love these kinds of slippers!
It was such a nice day, from start to finish!

No comments: