Sunday, August 25, 2019

My birthday

Thursday, August 22:  When you get to be an "old lady," you can stretch your birthday out for as long as you would like! I drove home from Detroit Thursday morning and then picked the girls up Thursday afternoon. I needed help eating the remainder of my birthday cake that Ruthanne and Terry had gotten for me. What a delicious cake!
None of Jesse's kids are very big on sweets--but then my boys are the same way. I wish I was! I LOVE sweet stuff. This cake was over the top in sweetness! Kaity did eat her piece of cake, leaving the frosting behind. I think Emma had a very small piece as well--but she didn't eat the frosting either! That's okay. Emma and Kaity sang "Happy Birthday" to me and I blew out my candle. 


 The girls and I just hung out around my house for a few hours. I showed them the presents I had purchased for myself in Frankenmuth. I love you, dear granddaughters! Thank you for coming over and celebrating my birthday.. 

No comments: