Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Memories made on Monday

Monday, August 12:  Sailing, sailing, sailing ... Brendan's sailing camp continued this week. I picked him up at noon and asked him where he wanted to have lunch.
Shock and awe! He said "McDonald's!" Man ... I'm telling you ... McDonald's really knows how to hook kids in with those Happy Meal toys, don't they? We decided we would at LEAST try a different McDonald's today, instead of the one closest to Brenda's house. I brought along a library book for us to read. Brendan enjoyed this story so much--it's about a little Otter and his teddy bear going to see sea creatures at an aquarium. We read it 2x while at lunch. Do you know what I love about Brendan and books? He examines every single picture and doesn't miss a single thing! I'm so thankful Brendan enjoys good stories and that he is learning to read so well.

AIDAN TIME:  I dropped Brendan off at his house at 1:30 and picked up Aidan in exchange. Aidan and I drove back to my house--his favorite place to play. We ALWAYS make a train layout, which is especially fun because each and every week, it is a little bit different.
Aidan wanders from place to place at my house, engaging in all of his favorite activities. He gets out LOTS of stuff--but no worries, it cleans up rather quickly in such a little house. 

 Aidan always lets me know when he is hungry. I love sitting down to eat with him. He's such a riot when he is in his special chair. He ate an entire bowl of garlic-flavored noodles, this week without dropping any of them on the floor! He had a few cucumbers, a bite of banana, lots of gluton-free pretzels and crackers, chocolate milk too!

 I showed Aidan my little wind-up seal and let him play with it for awhile as I was cleaning up our lunch.
 Aidan was SO ENTERTAINED by this little toy!
 Aidan has a very "easy" sense of humor ... it doesn't take much to send him into giggles and hysterics. I love this about him.
 My little wind-up chickie did the trick too.
 Since it was a very warm afternoon, I set up my water table and we went outside to play for an hour or so. Aidan is SUPER into water stuff right now.

 He plays and plays ... pouring water, measuring it, squirting it ...

 Aidan loved these $1 store squirt tubes ...
 We played with these for quite a long time.

 Look at the curls in his beautiful hair ... I could eat this child up.
 We came back inside and continued playing trains ...

 Aidan loves my trains, and I do too. He is so much fun to play with. He has quite an imagination and makes very cool train sounds to go along with everything. 

I love you, darling Aidan. If I could, I would FREEZE time and keep you right at this perfect age; ah, but how foolish of me, right? Good thing God is in charge of this stuff! Grandma's can't be trusted for a second.

No comments: