Monday, August 26, 2019

Zoo afternoon

Saturday, August 24:  The girls and I went to the zoo today in the late afternoon. We'd had a long morning cleaning their garage, but now it was time to enjoy ourselves for a little bit with some animals.
 We even rode the Funicular up to the tippy-top of the zoo today because neither Kaity or Emma had ever ridden it. Quite honestly, it's not worth the $5 spent--it's not even a round trip! But ... we did it anyway! 

 We visited the Red Panda exhibit. This is Wasabi (I think). She is kind of putting her arm over her eyes--can you see that?
 The tigers were excessively friendly today, and we were so glad. Drat the window, though! That reflection messes up all of the pictures of this majestic animal! Both tigers paraded back and forth in front of the viewing window for a very long time.




 We took the boardwalk down ... down ... down ...

 We stopped at the lower tiger area never expecting to find another tiger there! I was very surprised! Evidently the zoo has added another tiger! Emma got much better pictures than I did of this beautiful creature.

 JB Zoo is constructing a new meerkat/porcupine habitat. These are the drawings of the planned area. It's practically complete.

 Here is Mr. Warthog ...

 And Mrs. Lion was awake today and down the hill today, exactly at the viewing window! How rare is that?

 Kaity pushed Baby Jo-Jo and Baby Bonnie all throughout the zoo today, wrapped in her very own pink blanket.

 The male lion spends most of his time on the upper part of the habitat. I never even saw where he was until Emma pointed him out to me and showed me the extraordinary pictures her PHONE took of him. This was the best I could do with my camera ... but I am pleased I at least got these.


 What a beautiful creature he is!




We spent some time in the gift shop on our way out of the zoo today. It was terribly crowded in there, though, which kind of took away from the fun we usually have in there. Oh well! It was a good visit anyway.

No comments: