Thursday, August 15, 2019

Our very first time at Richmond Park

Wednesday, August 14:  It's been fully 25 years since I have been to Richmond Pool. Why on earth I haven't gone back before now is beyond me ... except all I could remember was the long lines, the super loud kids, the obnoxious mothers ... 
 But it was not like that on our very first visit. We practically had the entire enormous pool to ourselves. I was SO thankful. Nothing has changed about this place in 25 years, except they no longer have a high diving board. The whale and dolphin are the same, the mushroom is EXACTLY the same, the clean and beautiful pool ...
 Emma was the first to stand UNDER the mushroom. Kaity said, "No way!"
 The water slide is very fun. I wasn't sure we would ever talk Emma into climbing the stairs to the top ... Emma has height fright.
 I went with Kaity the first two times, but then she was SO ecstatic to be able to do this, that she must have done it 50x in the two hours we were there.

 A very nice lifeguard prevented her from going under every time Kaity hit the bottom. They were so nice about it too.

 Look at Kaity's happy face!

 FINALLY, we talked Emma into actually taking the plunge ...

 She was pretty nervous about it, but once she did it, she did it multiple times! Smiling all the while!



 It was a super nice day to be at Richmond Pool. We had so much fun. 
 Kaity absolutely kills me ... isn't she something?




 Thank you, Lord, for another wonderful memory made this summer!

No comments: