Friday, August 2, 2019

Brendan feeds the giraffes

Thursday, August 1:  It was Brendan's turn to go to Boulder Ridge Wild Animal Park with me today! I was so excited to take him! He told me he had NEVER fed a giraffe before. YES!
 I think Brendan was pretty amazed and delighted with these beautiful creatures.
 They really like carrots!
Brendan fed them quite a few carrots! 
 Isn't this SO cool? Brendan was not one bit afraid of them either! I'm so glad.
It was a little bit difficult to reach this adult giraffe, but Brendan did his very best to try ...
See the very tip of the giraffe's tongue getting all ready to curl itself around the carrot? Isn't that SO interesting how they do that?
I missed the shot where the giraffe actually nabbed the carrot with its tongue all curled around it ...
 A close-up of the eye of this lovely creature ...
"Is that all," she asked? "Have you no more carrots for me?" 
 I told Brendan we should save a few carrots for the camels and goats ... so we continued on our journey to feed as many kinds of animals as we could ...
 I did catch this picture of another zoo person feeding a little bit of lettuce to our giraffe ...

Brendan wasn't sure just what to think about a giraffe eating lettuce!

No comments: