Friday, August 30, 2019

Birdcages and Bookmarks, etc.

Wednesday, August 28:  SO ... I am embarking on a new adventure here at my Beach House. Inspired by Max and Alex, and instructed by their dear owner and my wonderful niece (Shelley), I've purchased a grande bird cage for my soon-to-be First Mate! Brendan helped me put the crazy thing together Wednesday afternoon. He is a very good builder (like his mama). Matey will sleep in the back toy room, the cage top covered with a nice blue baby blanket. During the day, though, our Mate will be in the main room of my house, hopefully chirping, singing, and entertaining the grandchildren. I'm hoping very much to get a male parakeet--because they DO learn to sing and actually learn to say many words that they hear.
 Brendan is thrilled with the whole adventure! He can hardly wait to meet Matey! I'm SO glad! I think this will be a very wonderful experience for all of us. I was so delighted with Max and Alex, I just KNEW the kiddos would be crazy to have a bird at the Beach House.
It is Kelly O's birthday this coming weekend, so I suggested a small birthday present for Brendan to make for his mama. Several years ago I purchased some very nice totally blank bookmarks made out of sturdy cardstock with a hole punched at the top (for ribbon, I assume). I asked if Brendan wanted to make a picture on one of them, we could put a nice blue ribbon at the top, and then Brendan could give it to his mama so that Kelly wouldn't lose her place in the book(s) she reads. I showed him how I use my bookmarks ALL THE TIME. Brendan thought bookmarks were a cool idea, but "how would you know which WORD you left off with on that page, grandma?" Oh my! I told him I just re-read the entire page to make sure!
 I got out markers, our thumb print book, stamps, etc. Brendan made a thumbprint owl and the used TWO bookmarks together to make a thumbprint WOLF (Brendan's favorite animal, or "antimal" as Brendan pronounces it). Since I had my farm stamps out, Brendan did play with those as well, making a nice picture on plain white paper. This kept us busy and rather happy for quite a long time today.
 We hung up some of the bird toys I purchased inside Matey's cage ...
 AND we played a game of Kerplunk! Brendan was SO funny playing this game! He is so precious.
 Like most kiddos, he DOES like to win most any game he plays ... which he did!

I love you so much, Brendan! I loved having you over to my house today!

No comments: