Sunday, August 25, 2019

More celebrating ...

Friday, August 23:  Robin invited me to dinner Friday night to celebrate my birthday. I met Robin and John at The Schnitz out in Ada. This is Robin (below) and her little dog, Phinehas McGee.
 John and Robin and I had a nice meal together. I had the fish and chips (naturally). Robin had the blackened groupie (I think) and John had some other kind of fish, but I can't recall the name! It was super nice of these friends to treat me to dinner. They have really poured themselves out for me this year--as well as Emma and Kaity. 

 This beautiful Prayer Jar was wrapped in a beautiful gift bag for me, along with the great balloon. What a lovely gift, Robin!
The next day, the girls and I entered our first prayer card. I was trying to explain to Kaity how this would work. We would write out our prayer requests and ask God to answer--not DEMAND that He answer, but just ask. Kaity wondered if the card would "disappear" from the jar once the prayer was answered! Presently, we are asking God to help us find three missing items at my house:  (1)  Hildy (my stuffed hamster), (2)  my cool magnet set, and (3) my very nice soft, beady ice pack. It seems more and more, I am misplacing things around here, and it's a real aggravation! We are especially missing our dear Hildy. We played with her so often with our other animals. 

No comments: