Monday, August 19, 2019

Two boys with haircuts

Monday, August 19:  I had both Brendan and Aidan for just a little while today. We went to Cascade Township Park to play for a bit prior to Brendan's swimming lesson at 4:00.
 This is a great little park playground. It's maintained super well ... and today, we had it to ourselves! Goodness!
 Notice!! The boys have new haircuts! Ah ... I miss Aidan's curls! I'll get used to it, but it might take awhile. I love Brendan's cut! I've wished for a haircut for him for ... weeks! 
 Aidan is getting more accustomed to playgrounds and is growing braver each time we visit one. His folks take him to playgrounds a LOT, so he has a lot of opportunity to play and learn new things.
 Aidan is a lot of fun. He explores and plays with all of his little heart. I love to watch his joy.

 Aidan even managed to go down quite a few different slides today! This is the first time I have witnessed it. The first few times, he requested that I "hold hand", which I did very loosely ... and down he went, smiling all the way! Once when he was climbing through this tunnel (see below), I snuck my hand through the circle holes and nearly frightened the poor child out of his wits--but then he laughed himself silly and we made a game of it every time he crawled through.
 Brendan is NOT afraid of heights whatsoever. He climbs up, up, up and is very good at it too. 
 Doesn't he have the dearest face in all the world? I love him fiercely.

 This huge truck appears to belong to the playground. Thankfully, Aidan didn't have to share it with anyone. He sure loved playing with it.

It sure was nice to be with you two dear grandsons this afternoon. I'm a pretty blessed grandma for sure.

No comments: