Monday, June 15, 2020

June 13 Night

Saturday Night:  I love that fact that Emma still comes over to my house. I cherish each time she decides to come. She is turning 18 this summer, has temporary plans to join "The Guard", will be a senior in high school, and is holding a full time job presently. One of these weekends, she is simply going to be understandably too busy to come over. But for now ...

We usually chat for a little while when we first get here. We visit a bit with Matey-Bird too. It was just about his bed time, so we did not open his cage and let him loose Saturday night ... we saved playing with him for Sunday morning.
Almost every Saturday night, we watch a movie together. This time we chose "Harriet." It's a biographical piece on the life of Harriet Tubman. What a great story. What amazing performances by the entire cast--but Cynthia Erivo (she played Harriet) was ... WOW. Not only can she act but she can SING. We loved this story so much!
I have wanted to see this movie for quite a few months--I had no idea that Emma had studied Harriet's life this past year in school, and she too had wanted to see it! I think I will have to own this eventually--it's just too good to only see one time.

No comments: