Wednesday, June 24, 2020

June 21 at the Lake

Sunday Afternoon:  Emma and I returned to Pere Marquette Beach, arriving earlier than last week, expecting to find it packed with people. For some reason, it was not at all crowded, the waves were just right, the water temperature not prohibitive for swimming (!!), and we had a wonderful few hours!
 Since Emma had her pretty beach dress on, we took kind of a mini photo shoot--however, since I am not a professional, these are not professional quality photos. I think many of them are very nicely composed, however--and ALL of them are pretty of Emma (naturally).




 I love how the wind was taking her dress and making it flow so beautifully.



 We walked nearly two miles, all along the shoreline ...

 ... all the way to the huge rocks at the breakwater ...
 Emma really enjoyed posing on the rocks ...

We walked all the way to the very end, to the "odd" lighthouse. The waves were coming up over the platform out there, so we didn't stay very long but turned around and walked back.















I brought my tent and we set it up on the beach. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of it! Yikes. But Emma actually used it to change out of her wet suit once we had finished swimming. I think we stayed in the water for about 30 minutes and then got out to soak up the sun. What a nice way to spend Sunday afternoon!

No comments: