Monday, June 15, 2020

June 14 Muskegon's North Pier

Sunday Afternoon (Muskegon):  I messed up on the drive between Grand Haven and Muskegon, got "lost" and ... we finally made it, but it was a rather prolonged drive. Thankfully, Emma is a good traveler and wasn't a bit bothered by being in the car longer than we had planned.
 I can never decide whether I love it HERE better than I love it at Grand Haven! They are both such beautiful spots.
 I was hoping Emma and I could climb the pierhead light this summer--but it seems that ALL lighthouses in Michigan are "closed" for inside exploration this summer. Pooh.
 I love these pictures of Emma! 

 I got terribly excited when I saw that a big ship was coming into the channel--the frosting on the cake!
 This is the Mantowoc (the boat was built and launched in Cleveland, OH). It is 630' in length.
 I love the big ships and could watch them forever. One of the things on my "bucket list" is to actually ride on one across Lake Michigan.

 These are such great picture of Emma!

 But this one (below) is my favorite.




 We just strolled along, chatting and enjoying the beauty all around us. We have such an awesome God!





After leaving Muskegon, we went shopping at Target and at Kohl's, searching for a swimsuit for Emma. We were a little dismayed to find that zero dressing rooms are open in any retail stores (due to COVID). How is a woman supposed to purchase a swim suit without first trying it on?!?!?! Well, good news! We took a chance on our purchases (although we prayed the Lord would help us find a suitable suit) and when Emma tried them on at home, she let me know they were a good fit. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: