Wednesday, June 10, 2020

June 9 Too Hot!

Tuesday:  I can't believe it--it was actually TOO HOT for me today. Let me clarify, though. It wasn't the heat that got me--it was the super high humidity, which I usually LOVE, but which made taking care of little ones a bit challenging! Ah, but isn't God always so good to us? He is! He gave us a good day together, despite the fact that I was sweating from every pour in my body.

When I arrived over at Dylan and Kelly's this morning, there was TWO little faces in the window waving at me and welcoming me. How precious they are!
 The first thing Erin says to me each time I see her is: "Matey? Matey?" And I answer her that "YES, we will certainly see Matey today!" She just loves to watch him and play with him. Erin is very good with animals!
 Dear Brendan kept himself pretty happily occupied the entire time he was here. He seemed quieter in his spirit today, more rested and ... just happier. 
 Brendan enjoys my alphabet robots ... I'm so glad I purchased them!
 Little Aidan spends a lot of his time building train tracks, but he also enjoys playing by himself back in the toy room.
 He makes a little roadway on my windowsill back here and zooms Micromachines around ...
 Here are TWO very wilted children catching a break, watching "Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown--and Don't Come Back!" Don't they look darling on my window seat?
 Brendan thought the title of this movie was hilarious. He also noticed that the ONLY person who attached the "And Don't Come Back" line was Lucy--and she typically isn't very kind to Charlie Brown. We talked about kindness for awhile. Brendan has a real sensitive spirit about stuff like that.
 While they were somewhat occupied with the movie, I went out to my side yard and got things set up for our "water park" ... Ha! I know it is pathetic, but living in a "park" like I do, it is the best I can offer on a sizzling hot day.
 Aidan's favorite thing is POURING water and watching what happens.
 All three of them played really well together for almost an hour with all of the water stuff. They had sunscreen on and I was burning a candle to hold off the hungry mosquitoes.
 Erin kept picking up a unicorn (there are three of them) and asking me: "Whas tha?" I kept pronouncing UNICORN very distinctly each time ...
 ... but just in case, she kept asking over and over again with each of the three unicorns. That's good, though, because that's how little kids learn to talk. She talks quite well for 24 months!


 Erin also LOVES my finger puppets. I have two rubbery ones that I got at a zoo last year--one is a giraffe and one is a flamingo. They are actually TOO long to be finger puppets, even for me. I can't get my finger even close to the puppet's head, which is where your finger needs to be if you are manipulating a finger puppet! Anyway, Erin took to sucking on their HEADS rather ... vehemently ... and as she was sucking, she was pulling ...
Poor Mr. Giraffe ended up in two pieces ... decapitated, poor thing. She handed it to me while grabbing for the flamingo, and promptly stuck that one in her mouth ... which was the end of the line for grandma! Erin cried very bitter tears about my taking Mrs. Flamingo away, but I wasn't one bit mean about it--honest! I'm going to attempt to hot glue Mr. Giraffe back into wholeness. We'll see how that turns out!

No comments: