Sunday, June 28, 2020

June 27 with Kaity and Emma

Saturday:  Pere Marquette Beach ... Emma suggested that we take Kaity to the beach this week and today was the day. Kaity is a little "fish" in the water, whether the water is cold or not. The water was a tiny bit on the cold side (in my opinion), but this didn't bother Kaity at all.
It was a gorgeous day to be at Lake Michigan! I remembered to bring the "boards" because they are very fun to use in the waves.






Emma and I stayed in for about 40 minutes. Kaity stayed in the water for about 90 solid minutes and she completely entertained herself!

Pere Marquette Beach has replaced their old playground with a super nice new one. Since Kaity LOVES playgrounds, she played for quite awhile after she got out of the water.






Kaity! You are SO MUCH FUN.

We stopped at McD's to eat some food and then drove to a special ice cream place for treats afterwards.
There was some playground equipment here too, so Kaity played some more.




Emma ordered a strawberry smoothie. I did not order anything for myself becuz the last five pounds I have been trying to lose, still have refused to depart from my body! Pooh.


It was a super nice time with Kaity and Emma--they even put up with me getting lost both on the way there and on the way home! I wasn't actually "lost" lost ... I just missed a turn, which took us 20 minutes extra to get there and then I missed the turn on the way home and ended up in Grand Haven. It's tough getting old ...

No comments: