Thursday, June 4, 2020

June 4

Thursday:  Kaity was dropped off at my house today at about 4:15. She had a "drive-by" last day of school in which she got to say "good-bye" to her wonderful teacher, Mrs. Olson. Mrs. Olson was outside of the school, wearing a mask, and presenting each child with a little gift bag of cool candy PLUS a very nice poster-like thing with their name and some words of description about each student. I forgot to take a picture of Kaity's! Rats! These words on the poster were words that her classmates used to describe her. I remember some of them: Funny, Pretty, Reader, Nice ... but there were more. 
 Kaity and I tested out some of my water toys today--many of them were obviously too young for Kaity, but she was a good tester anyway. Most of them are for Aidan and Erin's enjoyment--and hopefully Brendan will enjoy playing in the water for a little bit too. Kaity spent about 40 minutes out here with me. We just sat and talked while she played. She did squirt me as often as she could with our cool squirt guns.

 The pool is teensie tiny, but perfect for Aidan and Erin to float boats and splash around in. And see the cute whale sprinkler? 
 Kaity was all dressed in her finery because of the drive-by teacher thing ... she looks quite pretty in my favorite color! She is "thinking" in the picture below. We were trying to come up with a name for our latest toy.
 Meet our talking hamster. I think it is a boy. We couldn't come up with a name that quite fit him and settled temporarily for "Cutie-Pie." We're going to have to change that name I can see right now!
 We laughed a lot with this little guy today and it was good for us!

 Matey didn't want a single thing to do with a talking stuffed hamster, let me tell you!

We did spend time with Matey-Bird, but he took a back seat to the other toys today. Plus, Kaity was full of angst because Amazon dropped off a box while she was here and she KNEW her birthday gifts were inside the box--but since her birthday is still 3+ weeks away, I would NOT relent and give them to her today. It was rather unfortunate timing, but there was nothing I could do. She eventually got over her begging, but it took awhile!

No comments: