Wednesday, June 24, 2020

June 23 at my house

Tuesday:  Now that it is summer, we have been able to get into a fairly good and healthy activity time when these three come over. We usually start with the cars and trains (naturally) ...

 The kiddos each pick out some toys--sometimes I've put a few that we haven't played with recently out on my coffee table. The horses are always a big hit with these little ones.
 Our "pet" hamster "Herbie" always gets a lot of laughs from the little kids. Look at Aidan and Erin's expressions! SO cute.
 When the "on" button is switched on, Herbie will repeat almost any sound or voice that he hears. He can even whistle! 
 Little Matey is not pleased with Herbie at all and stays far away from him usually. But Matey always tries to join us for lunch. The only problem is that he is too aggressive and makes himself quite a nuisance by hopping on the sides of our bowls or eating our bananas, etc. So once I get the food ready to serve, I trick Matey into going into my bedroom and close the door on him while we are eating.
 Matey continues to love straws for some reason. Brendan has a lot of fun playing with Matey. Brendan is such a dear soul.

 I love to watch Brendan interact with Matey.


 Aidan likes to be spun "super fast" on my office chair. But Aidan is no feather weight! I can only spin him so long and then I am DONE.

 We played for quite awhile. We did watch about the first 40 minutes of "Peter Pan Returns to Neverland" (I think this is the title) ...
... and then we got into my car and drove over to the playground for our last hour together.

No comments: