Monday, June 15, 2020

June 14 Grand Haven

Sunday Afternoon:  As far as the weather was concerned, it was a completely perfect afternoon to drive out to the Lake to see what we could see ... however, the air was a little "chilly" and the lake temperature still in the low 60's, so we did not plan on swimming. I just love to be here, breathe the air, see the boats, walk the piers ...
 Having Emma with me always makes it even more special. I love to share life with her.
 I have honestly never seen the lake level this HIGH--nor have I ever witnessed the north pier in such sad disrepair. The entire lower level (both sides) are under water, and in some spots the wind and waves have completely washed the cement away!

 Those facts did not prevent us from walking out to the end of the north pier. I favor this pier because I can get better pictures of the lighthouses from here, and it is never as crowded ... and the walk from the car to the pier is so much shorter ... 
 I love this picture of Emma ...


 These pretty mallards were not bothered by us one bit!
 See how the entire lower level of the pier is covered with water?
 And across the channel, see the crane? Evidently, they have shipped SAND into the beach and are working on other repairs from water/wind damage.
 I love sail boats, don't you?


 Another new addition to the north pier ... the beach is now chained off with this sign: PRIVATE PROPERTY BOUNDARY indicating that the public is allowed to walk on the shoreline, but not sit down, sun bathe, picnic or anything else. I think I DID sunbathe here one time years ago ... but I don't lay in the sun anymore whatsoever! The beach has eroded so much--I can't really blame the homeowners for not wanting perfect strangers laying around their beach property.

We decided to drive north a little bit and return to Muskegon ...

No comments: