Saturday, June 6, 2020

June 5 Playground!

Friday:  After having cancelled my usual Tuesday with these grandchildren (I was recovering from a fall I took on Sunday, along with vertigo), I was looking forward very much to seeing them today. I don't pick them up until 11:00 in the morning, so I was getting everything prepared for their arrival when, out of the complete blue, our entire "park" lost power at around 9:15! Yikes. We were supposed to reach a high of 90 degrees with very high humidity. What would I do without any fans? And NO microwave? And ZERO possibility of entertaining with a video on my computer? I considered cancelling--seriously! But then I remembered ... God would help us ... and He did.

Right after the children were loaded up into my car and we drove away from their house, I got a call from my dear friend, Brenda. She lives at a nice place that has a "private" playground. Two of her grandsons were with her and they were all playing ... it's only about a 10 minute drive from where I was ... and she invited us to come and play too! So we did exactly that.

 Look at this nice climbing wall! Brendan scaled it to the very top without any hesitation or problem at all! 

 And look! Little Erin really loved the tire swing. She really gets a bang out of "spinning", whether she is on my office chair, or in my arms twirling around, or on a swing. I love these pictures of her.
 Aidan was very glad to find Brenda's grandboys had a few trucks with them!
 They also brought quite a few sizes and shapes of balls to play with at the basketball court. Erin took the game very seriously! Look how intense she is! This cracked me up. She is a tough little cookie, this little girl ... ah, I guess she will NEED to be with 3 brothers!
After we played at the playground, we drove over to my house ...

No comments: