Sunday, June 7, 2020

June 6

Saturday:  This afternoon, Kaity was invited to a birthday party for Harper--who is FIVE today. Harper's sister, Kinsey, is closer to Kaity's age--but all three girls hang out together and enjoy each other; so Kaity was invited. As a result, our time together today was a little bit shorter.


Kaity brought Lily over. Can you see where Kaity "decorated" Lily's hair with marker? It's a little unusual; but actually, Kaity did a very nice job with the colors she chose to use, and I think it turned out nicely.

We played two games of KERPLUNK, but then I also taught Kaity a NEW game--which I wasn't sure she would like at all--in fact, I highly doubted she would like it one single bit. I WAS WRONG! We ended up playing THREE separate games of it. It's called: "Pick-Up Sticks". When I was a kid, it was kind of a big-deal game to play. The "sticks" from Kerplunk are exactly the same ones used in the Pick-up sticks game, so I gathered them up and showed the game to Kaity. I was completely surprised that Kaity went for it. It's not a high-energy game--in fact, it takes a bit of patience and a very steady hand to play. Kaity and I TIED twice and Kaity won the other game. Good job, Kaity!

No comments: