Saturday, June 6, 2020

June 5 Water Fun

Friday:  I had received a message from Consumers Energy that our power would be restored, hopefully, by 12:30--I was really hoping that would be the case--but instead of counting on being able to do a "usual" lunch around here, I did stop at the drive-through at Wendy's and got 20 nuggets and a large fry to bring home with me. Good thing, too! We got to my house at about 12:45 and ... NO power. I received another message stating they hoped power would be restored by 4:00. So the kiddos at their food, and we played for awhile inside ... but with no air circulating, it was very warm.

 We went to my side yard and played with the water toys. These guys had a lot of fun and I was very thankful that I had this option today! I was also thankful that I had purchased some "OFF!" mosquito coils for the yard--the mosquitos are completely out of control around here! I also used one of those candles that discourage flying insects from gathering ... so we did OK.


 They are a busy little bunch, aren't they?


 I loved watching them enjoy the cool water. 
 Aidan decided he would water my grass and trees with his squirt gun ... he was very pleased with himself.

And then ... our power was restored! YAY! I was able to lure the kiddos back inside to watch a short 25 minute video, which allowed me to clean up the outside of all toys that might bother my neighbors. All told, it was a nice afternoon--HOT, but we survived it!

No comments: