Saturday, May 2, 2020

May 1

Friday:  At my house. I picked the kiddos up at 11AM from their place. Erin fell asleep in the car almost right away and Aidan soon after. I had supplied Brendan with a good Jack Hanna "HOW" book (about animals), so he was pretty content in the car. Since the babies were sleeping, I decided to let them sleep for awhile and just drove here and there ...

But finally, the kids woke up--we were just pulling into my neighborhood--so everyone went inside and started doing what they do at my house. Brendan immediately goes to Matey's cage and releases him from his bondage. I love this picture of them interacting ... 
 Erin, who is almost always hungry, gets right up in her little chair ready to consume whatever I put in front of her ... well, almost. She gives me a clear "NO" if it is something she doesn't want to taste.
 But she's a pretty hearty little eater usually, so that's good. I can't say the same for Aidan. I have no idea what he actually eats around here--mostly pretzels, veggie straws, and crackers. Sigh.
 More of Brendan and Matey ...
 Brendan colored a nice giraffe picture for my side door today ...
 Dear Aidan was totally occupied with the toys around here. He never loses interest in all of the cars and trucks and trains. I'm so glad, though. I love to see him playing so happily.
 Dear Erin has gotten into the trains too, much to her brothers' regret ...

 Erin loves Matey too. She likes to play in his seeds; however, I strongly discourage that because ... there is nothing but a mess as a result! She splashed around in his water today too ...

I put on "Finding Nemo" for them at about 2:30 so that I could do a little clean-up around here and get ready for our walk this afternoon out at Pickerell Lake.

No comments: