Sunday, May 3, 2020

May 2

Saturday:  I got to pick Kaity up and bring her to my house today--the first time in FIVE weeks. I know that they have not given the okay yet ... but since I am having Dylan's kiddos over and am already compromised, I can't see why to leave Kaity and Emma out of the mix. It's ME that we are protecting actually--the kids are not as likely to be at risk. Presently, I am willing to take the risk!
 Kaity requested to take a bubble bath, so YAY! She did that and I washed her beautiful hair that was in quite a tangled up mess! It took me 35 minutes to finally comb out all of the knots--but I had help with a de-tangle lotion and the fact that Kaity was comfortably watching her favorite Star Wars movie. I sectioned off her hair a little bit at a time and worked on combing through that part and then pinned the finished section UP so that I could see to work on other parts of her hair. I used a wide-tooth comb ... Kaity did not complain ... well, only one time when I DID evidently pull her hair while combing it. But I was super careful and her hair turned out very prettily as a result.
 Kaity brought over her monkey game (it's like the Twizzler game I have here that uses marbles, but Kaity's uses monkeys). We played a nice game of that and included Paco and Lily (naturally).

 Kaity had a lot of fun getting reacquainted with Matey-Bird. They had so much fun together!
 Below, Kaity is taking a little bow having successfully lured Matey back into his cage so that we could exit the house without worrying about him escaping to the outdoors. Kaity and I then went outside in front of my house and kicked a soccer ball around for 20 minutes or so. I love to play with Kaity!
 I drove Kaity to her house and switched her out for Emma! Emma played a LOT with Matey and they were so funny to watch.
 Matey has a favorite toy--it's a plastic straw. We THINK green is his favorite color, but we're not sure. Today's straw WAS green and he was just delighted to play "fetch" with it. You can actually throw the straw on the ground and Matey will bring it back to you. He's so funny when he runs around on the floor--you can hear his little nails clicking and now and then he slips and slides on the floor, which is hysterical to watch.

 Emma brought his straw back to the playroom and blasted it in our Hotwheels blaster. Matey would stand by, super alert, and when the straw blasted off, he would run and fetch it and bring it back to Emma to repeat ...



Anyway, it was very fun and I watching Emma take videos of our dear little bird friend. It was wonderful to have Emma spend the night once again. We watched two episodes of West Wing--I had never seen this show and Emma told me there are seven seasons that she and her dad have watched together. We went to bed sometime after 11:00. So thankful to be grandma to these precious girls.

No comments: