Sunday, May 10, 2020

May 9

Saturday:  Kaity came over to play today. She was such a sweetheart this afternoon and was so much fun to be with. I'm so glad that I finally came to the conclusion (whether wise or unwise I am uncertain at this point) to just "ignore" the whole COVID distancing thing as far as my family is concerned. I followed it very strictly for five entire weeks, and that was enough.
 I "kept on top" of our activities today as much as possible. You see, if I don't have at least SOME plans in mind, Kaity just ... gets very bossy and a little bit out of control. Kaity right away suggested that we play a few games of foosball, a good choice, so we did that. Our games are usually pretty close in score--mostly because I don't want to be unkind and just beat her to pieces, so I give her lots of mercy and a lot of times, my "guys" are a little bit sleepy and not paying close attention. We do have a lot of fun playing this game together and I wouldn't change a thing about it.
 Matey was up to his usual antics ... knocking my pencils OFF the table and then running around with them in his little beak. He is so funny.
 This is one of Kaity's favorite hiding places. She gets no end of delight closing herself in my dresser/closet, pretending that I cannot find her ANYwhere.
 We did a bunch of things that I didn't bother to photograph. We played baseball with a balloon and an oar (the one that hangs above my front door--it's a decorative, rather small oar). And THEN we played wuffle ball (INSIDE) in the playroom. Kaity is a natural athlete and LOVES to exert her body--she is happiest when doing anything physical. I often wish I was a LOT younger so that I can better keep up with her, but she doesn't seem to mind one bit that I am an old lady.
The picture above is Kaity crunching some bubble wrap, which everyone loves doing. We drove back to her house, took our bat and balls with us, and played in her backyard for a little while. I had a nice chat with Jesse in his garage--he was in the middle of installing new car speakers. AND I got to see Emma for a bit too. She decided to stay at her house since Mother's Day is tomorrow, and I completely understand that. I will miss her tonight, but that is okay.

No comments: