Sunday, May 17, 2020

May 17 Jesse

Sunday:  It's Jesse's 40th birthday today, which is a pretty big deal in anyone's estimation! I made him a card ...








Forty years ago ... I remember it like it was yesterday. There was so much going on. Jim and I had been married five years (almost). I had quit working two days prior (if I remember correctly). Jesse was not due to be born until May 25 BUT on May 16 I happened to fall down a flight of stairs (uncarpeted ... there were only 7 steps), but I quite literally "bounced" down them on my rear end. After phoning my OB, he told me that my baby would be born within 24 hours ... and 18 hours later, Jesse made his appearance! We arrived at the hospital at 6:30 and labor was pretty intense at that point. After one small push and then one long push, Jesse's head emerged and the doc asked if I wanted to sit up and pull Jesse out! So I did. Jesse was born at 8:17 AM. Back in those days, we moms got to stay in the hospital 4 to 5 days and were pampered to pieces by kind nurses, etc. I kept Jesse with me throughout the hospital stay, tucking him into my nightgown at night with me so that the nurses couldn't take him to the "nursery." So thankful you were born, Jesse. I love you very much. 

No comments: