Sunday, May 17, 2020

May 15 at my house

Friday:  We arrived at my house somewhere around 9AM and everyone just settled into their usual play. We started out poorly due to the fact that all of the kids had a bowl of cereal and milk to start off. The little kids were in their "high" chairs, and Brendan was at the round table. I had just poured milk into Aidan's cereal bowl, turned my back to return the milk to the refrigerator when I was stopped dead in my tracks by a screaming child ... I am not exaggerating ... Aidan was screaming louder than I had ever heard him scream. I walked back over to his chair, only to find milk and cereal EVERYWHERE--all over his face, his tray, the floor ... and he was absolutely INFURIATED! Oh my. I asked him: "Aidan, did Matey do this?" "Yes, gwamma, he did!" Aidan screamed back. So I proceeded to wipe up the mess and then told Aidan I would put Matey in my room while we ate and there would be no more dive bombing his food. Sigh. 
 Things went much smoother after breakfast! Aidan seemed to forget his offense against Matey-Bird and everything proceeded full speed ahead for the next few hours. 
 Erin adores little Matey. Much of the time, he sits on her shoulder and she just walks around the house with him there and occasionally will turn her head to kiss him. It's super cute.

 The kiddos ate a pretty decent lunch, and since it was such a terrifically beautiful afternoon, we decided to take a drive over to Millenium Park to take a little walk.
 My main purpose in this excursion was to have Erin take a nap--she is not a sleeper, by any means ... but she gets distraught when sleep deprived ... so I packed up the kids ...
and we drove over to Millenium Park.

No comments: