Wednesday, May 13, 2020

May 12

Tuesday:  I picked the kiddos up from their place today at 11AM. Little Erin had to be woken from a nap that had started at 10:00, but she got up and was ready to go! Knowing that Erin had slept this morning freed me up from having to drive to Timbuktu in order to accomplish her nap--so we were actually home at my house by 11:30. Prior to them coming, I made a little train layout surrounding Matey's cage--I knew Aidan Paul would be super excited about this and I was right! It just put the tracks and trains on a great level for his viewpoint and he enjoyed himself immensely because of it--look at his dear face!
 The saga of Matey and Brendan is a sweet one. Brendan LOVES this little bird and the First Mate returns it to Brendan in kind. Here is Matey enjoying some of MY spaghetti! Aidan: "Matey's so cute eating gwamma's susketti!" 
 Matey and Brendan hung out for quite awhile around the house ...

 And little butter-faced mac-n-cheese Erin was as happy as a clam eating her lunch today. Oh my ... isn't she something?!?!? Gah!

 Aidan was singing one of the songs from The Polar Express as he was making a 10-car train to go around Matey's cage. I finally put on the movie and the kids played while they came in and out of the main room to watch parts of it.
 Brendan, Aidan and I made a floor layout too ...
 Mr. Aidan doesn't eat lunch with the rest of us, and there is absolutely no use trying to get it to happen. He just wants to PLAY and then he will suddenly announce: "I hun-gawy gwamma!" and somehow expect food to magically and immediately appear before him. Ah, but grandma isn't so easily surprised--I usually have something prepared that I can produce pretty quickly for our hungry toddler. 
God gave us a beautiful weather day and I felt He wouldn't want us to waste it being stuck inside all day, so I loaded up the little ones and off we went ...

No comments: