Wednesday, May 13, 2020

May 12 Rockford Dam

Tuesday: I look these three kiddos out to the Rockford Dam to stroll and explore in the afternoon. God gave us such gorgeous weather--it was absolutely beautiful outside. The children ran and played and we had a great time together. 
 Do you see wee Erin blocking her ears? The sound of the rushing water can be a bit overwhelming to such a small person.
 Erin's CUTENESS is what I find overwhelming! Just look at her ... and it's not just her little body that is so cute--her entire personality is just too much to describe in the word "cute" ... so I won't! She's a mixture of so many delightful things all at once ...


 After we crossed the Rogue River using the boardwalk/bridge, we (I) decided to take the trail and see where it led.
 We saw a bunch of cool stuff along the way ... lots of squirrels and chipmunks ...
 Oh my word ... look at this darling little boy ...
 I love this one of Aidan running!
 And this one of my dear dear Brendan ... love him so much.
 Erin finally got less than content sitting in her stroller and wanted OUT. Thankfully, Aidan wanted to ride now instead of walk, so it all worked out.

 Erin is a runner for sure ...
 Oh my goodness ... it's difficult to handle this much cuteness all in one little person.


 I loved every minute we had on this pathway ...


 And look! We saw an entire family of geese: Dad, Mama, and FIVE goslings!
 This is what Erin does (every single time) when a person walking a dog approaches ...
 She finally gets up ... but she just plops her little rear end DOWN when she sees a dog! This dog's name is "Tater-Tot" ... isn't that a scream?

 Aidan was very glad to be helpful pushing the stroller once we got back to the dam ...
 And Brendan did a very nice job too!
 Aidan went back to exploring as we walked along ...



 We finally reached a place where we could reach the edge of the water without danger of falling in ... so we stopped here to throw pebbles into the Rogue ... with an elegant swan observing us ...




Strength for each day ... that is what we are promised ... that is what God delivered to me today. We returned to my house and played for almost another hour before driving back to their place. Upon seeing his mom, this is what Aidan said: "How are you doing, Kewwy?" Oh my! What a kid.

No comments: