Friday, May 22, 2020

May 21 (mostly at Townsend Park)

Thursday: Kaity had Lily all dressed up for her "date" with Paco this afternoon--which is the first I had heard of this plan ... thankfully, Paco accomodated to the demands of his friends and provided a fancy music box for quiet music for their date. Kaity was so pleased!
 I had been cutting my lawn this afternoon, but ran out of battery power to finish the last little section. So by the time Kaity came over, the battery had recharged. Kaity wanted to try out my little lawn mower, which lasted all of two seconds and then she was done! So I took the extra few minutes and finished up the side lawn, which looks pretty pathetic even when it is cut.
 Kaity and Lily watched me finish.
 After we ate our dinner, we decided to drive over to Townsend Park to check out how high Bear Creek had risen with all of the rain the last few days. The creek is VERY high ... so is every other creek, stream and river in Michigan! You should see how high the Grand River is nearby my house! I've seen it higher, but not by much.
 It was such a beautiful evening, and even felt a little bit warm! YES! Kaity was all about getting as wet as I would allow.
 Kaity is not afraid of the water at all, which is both good AND bad. But she listens well to a quiet warning. We had a nice time enjoying God's great outdoors together.

 Kaity threw a heap of stones and twigs into the creek ...
 Look how happy she is ...
 Beautiful spot. I've enjoyed it right at this exact place for almost 40 years now. I love this place.





 It couldn't have been a prettier evening out here ...




 I love these pictures. Look at dear little mother, Kaity, pushing her baby and Paco in the stroller.

 This little swampy place was a good place to see a few toads jumping about ... they were way too fast for us to catch!





 Kaity loves it here. I love being with her when she is so happy. Children BELONG outside in the wide open spaces, away from technology and other fake entertainment. THIS is real life ...


All and all, it was a very nice four hours together. 

No comments: