Wednesday, May 20, 2020

May 19

Tuesday:  I set up a different layout for the tracks this morning before I picked up the children. I moved Matey's cage onto the coffee table and placed both by the window, where Matey can listen to his outside bird friends.

 The little ones seemed to have a good time playing with all of the toys again today. They play very enthusiastically, which is a joy to listen to.
 Mr. Aidan is obsessed by trains ... completely.
 Brendan enjoys playing trains too, but his little brother doesn't always share very willingly--so Brendan just moves on.
 I talk about sharing to Aidan, as I am sure Dylan and Kelly do too, but he is only three and it's difficult. That's OK. He'll learn.
 Wee Erin was pretty happy to play with all of my "sound" books, got them all laid out on the bench by the window. She would push the button and then mimic the sound herself. She does a very authentic-sounding tiger growl--seriously--it sounds like a real animal!

 YOU, dear little Erin, are a love and a half!
 All of the children love the oval chair in my bedroom. Erin likes to play "night-night" and I cover her with a soft blanket. She will close her little eyes and fake snore for perhaps a half second, and then she sits bolt upright and says: "Way Up!" meaning, Wake up!
 I like these pictures of Aidan playing trains. He's a very animated child.

 The picture below is Aidan laughing at Matey, who just landed on Erin's head (I think).

 I have a craft book that shows how to make various animals out of pipe cleaners. I have quite a supply of pipe cleaners, although limited in color, but Brendan spent quite a bit of time creating animals from my supply. These are not easy to make at all! The instructions are quite detailed and a little bit frustrating--but Brendan is a good reader and has a quick mind--so he just went at it and really enjoyed making a parrot, and I think some kind of a dragon.

 Look how cute Aidan and Erin are together ...

 Erin adores Matey, and he is very fond of her too!

 Erin is so pleased when Matey lands on her and she walks around so proud.
 Erin helped to decorate my windows with some color forms. She made a ZOO. She had a lot of fun doing it too.
 You are a sweetheart, Erin!

 At one point in the afternoon, I played a little bit with Erin's hair and managed to get it into a little pony tail.
 Brendan spent some special 1 on 1 time with Matey in my room. They were playing peek-a-boo. Thankfully, the blanket is very soft and not a heavy one because Matey would get completely covered up and you could see the shape of his little body running here and there trying to find a way out. 

Brendan loves to play with Matey. I'm so glad! He has been part of our family now for NINE months! I did cop out for a little while, mid-afternoon, went to Netflix and put on The Polar Express, which calmed the three of them down, quieted the house for a little while and allowed me a tiny bit of peace. All and all, it was a very good day with these little ones.

No comments: